Monday, September 17, 2007

Letter of Andrew Carnegie

Dear family members of our company,

I was wondering if you could help me get over this dilemma I am going through. My problem is that a fellow businessman named John Pierpont Morgan has plans of taking over my company that has been my life for more than 40 years. I am getting old and I do want to retire, and the fellow is offering me a fortune. Now then, I don’t know what to do, and I am dangling in a situation that is irresistible! How I would love to live the rest of my life in pure peace with no work. But then again it is hard to believe that I will hand over more than 40 years of my life. My dearest brother Thomas who shared the ups and downs with me passed away only some time ago. I still can’t bear the absence of Thomas’s presence even today. If I let go of my dream, I will live the life of a king but then that would result in losing my life. I write this letter to you so that you know that I am thinking of selling our dream. I don’t think there is any good in keeping this company since this business man has already made a chain of factories that he bought from other companies. Therefore if I keep my dream it will result in a loss for me because it has such mighty opponents.

Regards,
Andrew Carnegie

No comments: