Monday, October 15, 2007

Parent Teacher Conference Peices

One piece of writing that I didn't find challenging was the letter I wrote to the workers of Andrew Carnegie's company. In that piece of writing I portrayed myself as Andrew Carnegie, and when he was going to sell his company. My writing went in a flow and was very easy to understand. These were some reasons why I thought I didn't have any trouble. Here are a few sentences.


I am getting old and I do want to retire, and the fellow is offering me a fortune. Now then, I don’t know what to do, and I am dangling in a situation that is irresistible! How I would love to live the rest of my life in pure peace with no work. But then again it is hard to believe that I will hand over more than 40 years of my life.


The piece that I had some trouble with was the Expository piece. I feel that I didn't put much effort into it. The piece was not in a flow and wasn't too descriptive. Some sentences were hard to understand. Here are some sentences.


In our museum display, you will see how Andrew Carnegie and James Watt were very important with the history of the Industrial Revolution. You will also learn what the dates were for few of the most important aspects of the Industrial Revolution.

No comments: